Sunday, March 20, 2011

A flower! A flower!

Well, the sad truth is, I'm not sure I can take credit for my beautiful garden's success.  It's doing very well, but it may have something to do with the fact that I haven't touched it in a week.  My "fiance" (I have to put it in quotes because it's such a weird, snobby-sounding word) can take full responsibility for the following:
  Look how bushy those cilantro and tomato plants are!
 Left to right: half a lettuce plant, bell pepper, Charlie the cherry tomato plant, lettuce.  I probably should have taken measurements to really prove the success, but I can assure you that tomato plant in particular has really shot up!

I can't help wondering if their success is really due to the fact that I was out of state for a week...  Nonetheless, my favorite picture is a headshot of Charlie:
Flowers!!!!!!! woohoo!! I feel like that must be a sign of imminent fruit...yes?

Even though I may not be the one responsible for their growth, the important point to take away from this blog entry is that I haven't killed anything - and that is the real story here.

Assuming I don't kill anything in the next few weeks, I look forward to seeing fruit soon! And, my next challenge will be to grow something from seeds...cue the ominous music.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you name them all and good names at that!

    ReplyDelete