Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Silo's Near Death Experience

Yesterday I came home to this:
Yep, that's Silo the Cilantro.  Is it too late for him?  Can he be revived?  I had no time to answer these questions because I had to leave for class, so I gave him some water and hoped for the best.

When I came home, I was ecstatic to see he had perked up a little.  Then, I took matters into my own hands. I had no idea what to do in this situation and no one to turn to, so I made a judgment call.  I had read that to harvest cilantro, the stems should be at least 6 inches tall and that you should trim the cilantro to keep it from going to seed.  So I gave him a haircut, and look how well he's doing now!

I also kept all my babies inside last night.  I thought maybe the cold weather the night before was what made Silo sick in the first place.

I'm happy he's not dead yet, though I may have done him in by giving him a haircut.  I truly am clueless.  I know I need to get these little fellas into some bigger better pots soon, but I don't know much of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment