Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"If Silo Jumped Off a Bridge, Would You?" Oliver Says, "Yes"

Amazing.  Within 3 days, Silo almost dies, and now, on day 4, Oliver's on the brink.
I was home sick today, so I got to see how much sun they were getting.  I thought I had placed the cilantro in a less sunny spot yesterday, so I moved all of them to that spot today.  (Yes, I am currently realizing how stupid that was, considering the cilantro almost died.)  It turns out, the new spot is sunnier than the old spot, so I need to move them back.  I think the oregano got too much sun today.  I'm assuming this after reading an eHow article that says even though oregano prefers full sun, it doesn't do well in very hot climates.  I'm pretty sure Texas qualifies as a very hot climate, so it might be better off in a shadier spot.

Sigh.  Hopefully the oregano will pull through like the cilantro appears to be doing.  I wonder which one will wither tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. Protip: bell peppers are frustrating to get a good yield from even outdoors, planted in the ground. Jalapeños grow like stink in Texas, even potted, but they need to be outdoors. A good compromise is Anaheim peppers, which grow and fruit as fast as Jalapeños, but lack the heat, making them ideal compromises for apartment gardens wishing to grow bell peppers.

    My oregano damn near died by june, got a few new green sprouts, and then completely died by the end of july. Mint and Basil grow like weeds here in Dallas though.

    You might try repotting that little guy into a 20% larger pot! A clay pot will retain water better.

    ReplyDelete